My Stint With Islam Inspired My Music-Asa

Singer Asa revealed in a chat with with My Africa Podcast show host Andre Blaze that her stint with Islam plays a very important role in her music.
She spoke about her  inspirational background, revealing how much time she spent following the teachings of Islam which influenced her writing. 

I come from a Muslim background, and I actually had a stint with Islam. I was a Muslim for about 2 years or 3?” Asa said. “It was after high school I lived with my grandparents. My grandparents were Muslims from Lagos Island, and yes it did influence the way I see things and the way I write.”
It influenced the song ‘Awé’. You see just near where I used to live, there was a mosque, and we had a munedžim who calls out prayers. He would early morning by 5 O’clock, ‘Allaaaah’. That was amazing, It just inspired ‘Away’, so yeah, Islam, Christianity is always going to be part of my history.”

Comments

Popular Posts